Enroll in School of ministry
All persons seeking ordination through the South Texas District Church of the Nazarene must first enroll in the School of Ministry. The School of Ministry is the "Gateway" to "Portal" which the South Texas District utilizes as its means for tracking the progress of your journey toward ordination. Therefore, even if you are taking your actual coursework through an institution of higher learning, you must enroll in the District School of MInistry.
There are two forms and a $25 enrollment fee required for enrolling in the School of ministry.
FORMS: Enrollment Questionnaire and
Certification of Role of Ministry
If you have taken college level courses in the past, some of those courses may count toward ordination, but transcripts must be submitted (certified transcripts are not necessary, copies are sufficient). Send both forms, transcripts, plus a $25.00 check payable to the "South Texas District" to:
Rev. Bob Seal
c/o New Horizon Church of the Nazarene
1201 North F.M. 3083 Rd., E
Conroe, TX 77303
Students are required to take a minimum of 2 courses per year, and have completed all 24 courses within 10 years.
There are many options for completing courses:
- Peniel School of Ministry (video based online program) www.penielschoolofministry.org
- Nazarene Bible College* (online, degree and non-degree programs count toward ordination) www.nbc.edu
- Northwest Nazarene University* (online, degree and non-degree programs count toward ordination) www.nnu.edu
- Other Nazarene institutions of higher education*
- Other approved institutions of higher education - Non Nazarene* (before enrolling in an institution of higher education please contact Rev. Bob Seal at 936-756-3507 to verify the institution is approved)
NOTE: Degree programs may require coursework that will not count toward ordination. Contact the School of Ministry Registrar prior to enrolling into a degree program.
At the end of each semester, it is the student's responsibility to submit verification of completed coursework to the School of Ministry Registrar. Timely reporting of coursework will help ensure the Board of Ministry is properly able to track a student's progress and current level.
CLICK HERE to see a comparison between NBC, NNU and Peniel.